Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prayer of a Stray

Dear God,

please send me somebody who'll care!

I'm tired of running, I'm sick with despair.

My body is aching, it's so racked with pain

And dear God I pray as I run in the rain.

That someone will love me and give me a home

A warm cozy bed and a big juicy bone.

My last owner tied me all day in the yard

Sometimes with no water and God that was hard!

So I chewed my leash God, and I ran away

To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.


But now God I'm tired and hungry and cold

And I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.

They've chased me with sticks hit me with stones

While I run the streets just looking for bones!

I'm not really bad God, please help if you can

For I have become just a "victim of man!
 
 

: Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment